Summer

I used to really dislike summer.



But after the long almost sun-less winter we just had, I have been yearning for sun and warmth.

My garden has gone nuts!

The sweet peas grew so high very quickly.

I had to give it a little haircut as the vines were starting to tumble over the neighbours fence. 
Trimming 8ft sweet peas when you're 5ft is a little bit like trying to get a hug from a reluctant teenage son. You try to reach up, while they don't particularly want to bend down and just awkwardly pat you on the shoulders while making short dinosaur jokes at your expense...



But they got trimmed down to top of fence level and within a week started flowering like crazy again.



I'm itching to get back into crochet after devoting the past 3 weeks to sock knitting...



I made them for the Mothership for Christmas. I'm not a speedy knitter so every spare minute while watching tv, commuting on the train or while Sonofagun No.2 did his swimming lessons was devoted to knitting.
I forgot to take a photo of the finished product to show you!

So now I get to play with a delicious ball of Scheepjes Whirl which was an early Xmas pressie from my best bloggy buddy Vicki from Off The Hook in Jolly Old England!



I don't know what I'm going to make with it yet!

The Bear and I were allowed out on our annual 1 night out of the year for our work Xmas parties. Mine was drinks after work at a cocktail bar. The Bear met me there and we then went off to his which was drinks at the Melbourne Zoo!


These smiles are saying, "Yay! I've been freed to play with other grown ups in a non-work setting! And drink free booze!"
These smiles also hide us both thinking, "I kind of want to be home on the couch in my pjs watching netflix! I'm so old and boring."



Christmas joyfully vomited all over the house!




 On the day we were joined by the parentals, my sister the Blonde Amazona as well as the divine Miss Em (aka the Blonde Bombshell) and our other friend Elise.

I made the trifle to end all trifles. The designated drivers asked for theirs 'to go' as there may or may not have been half a bottle of sweet sherry that may have accidentally been 'spilled' into it...


I call it 'Sherry with cake and other stuff'.


Although it was a bit windy, the sun was out and it was a beautiful 23c. The garden was showing off. It was nice to show off my hollyhocks to the Mothership & Fatherdom. 



 I saw them several times head down, bum up taking photos! 

My snapdragons are dwarfed!




Coreopsis 'Rum Punch'


After my last post I received many messages and comments here and via Facebook of support as well as so many of you sharing your stories of dealing with anxiety. Thank you for kind words and I'm sending all my love to everyone who also battles with this. I have only recently had this but many have had to deal with it for years! 
So a massive interwebs hug for all of us! 

xox
Louise
The Red Haired Amazona

Comments

  1. Good to see you saying hello to your readers. Wow.. your garden is a blue ribbon prize winner.. love that first pink hollyhock photo! Sure did bring me joy as we're snow and iced in.

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful garden. Love the pictures to help with the cold here. Been putting my garden "to bed" all week for winter. Trying to crochet in-between as I have the week off from work. Have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are stunning!! And so funny to read what you tell about the picture of you both on the work drink... I totally recognise the feeling. (Love your Christmastree by the way!)
    Big hug to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Red Haired Amazona on Etsy!